Monday, September 21, 2009

7 Habits of Highly Effective Teens

Last week we were focusing on skills that would help us be successful middle schoolers...in science, on the playground, in PE, language arts, and every other aspect of school. The skills you learned will also be beneficial as a high schooler, college student, and adult. I know that several of you have already tried using a few of these skills and indicated that they have been helpful. It is my goal (begin with the end in mind!) to continue to re-visit these habits throughout the school year.

Did any of you hear something last week that really made you think about your life? Next time a difficult situation comes up, do you think you will handle it differently? Any thoughts about the 7 habits you'd like to share?


6 comments:

Ms. DeGraffenreid said...

I'll share first. When I was preparing this unit, the quote that stuck with me the most was "Sometimes you have to step out of your comfort zone, and into your courage zone". I never really thought of this before. But, as I reflect back on my life, some of my most memorable moments are from times when I had to use courage. Next time I have to try something new or different, I'm going to remember this quote.

Unknown said...

HI MS.DEGRAFF! told ya id comment! :) i love the class pet its really fun! i miss having your class! thanks for being an amazing science teacher i learned alot! :)

Bethany Pan said...

Hey Ms. DeGraff,
How is your class doing? i love the class pet thing?(I think i told you that already...) I miss you!! Have fun with the class of 2010 for Travis Ranch 6th graders!
Bye: Bethany Pan from class of 2008 to 2009 6th grader

Paris R. p5 said...

Habit 1: Be Proactive
I am a responsible person. I take initiative. I choose my actions, attitudes and moods. I do not blame others for my wrong actions. I do the right thing without being asked, even if no one is looking

Samuel V. said...

Samuel Vo Period 6
One of the seven is Proactive and thats my favorite because Im always happy being responsible for everything.Being responsible will change my life.

Emma A. period4 said...

One time that I was proactive was when we were at soccer pictures and a team of five -year -olds cut infront of us. At first I got mad because we had been waiting for a long time in the heat but then I realized that they were five and they weren't very patient.